Saturday, February 2, 2013

Groundhogs & goofballs


This is my very first blog post - so please be gentle with me. ;)
While I do have some writing experience, most of it from PBeM games & I've been off that for quite some time now.

Well it's Groundhog's day & we're supposed to be in for a short winter. I'm just fine with that myself; it means the Food Truck season can start earlier! Although the Farmer's Almanac shows that the best days to open should be the first week of April; warmer and not as wet!

My plans this weekend are to try out a new Croissant recipe (thanks @mobilecuisine !) It looks not only simple, but very tasty as well. I also want to perfect my biscuit recipe and see if I can make chicken pot pie filled biscuits with it. I'll post both on Instagram/ Twitter if they turn out the way I hope. I will post both recipes once they meet with my approval! I usually work on a couple of recipes a week & will post them as they come.

We also tried out our bread maker for the first time last weekend. I used a scaled version of my Sweet White Bread recipe back from my baking days with Doubletree. I was very surprised - not by the bread, but by the machine. You see, Amy was given this machine about 10 years ago & we never used it. We didn't even know if it worked! So after some heavy duty scrubbing and cleaning, it was ready to go. And in less than 3 hours, we had a very yummy (and small) loaf of bread! The only change I would make is to add maybe a tsp or more of honey. Scaling back a recipe for 40 loaves of bread to 1 can be tricky that way! We didn't even measure the flour in the mixer back then, just did it by look & feeling of the dough.

On a more FoodTrucky (yes I made that word up) note, I heard back from Mike at the Neighborhood Development Center. He sounded very positive on the phone and I am looking forward to meeting with him to see what can be done to assist with financing the truck. Amy & I have been also continuing to work on getting together our Kickstarter video, so you might want to watch for that in the near future as well. I haven't heard back from Scott at the Central Minnesota Development Company, but if I don't early this week, I'll have to give him a call back. I'll keep ya posted on both; please keep us in your prayers we can get our financing done!

I also need to work on some more designs for our Zazzle T-shirt store - http://www.zazzle.com/grill_works if you're interested in checking it out - don't be shy about buying something if it catches your eye ;)

The big kids (Sean & Katie) are gearing up for the Pokémon battle this weekend; getting their favorite cards together and organized. If they're not too busy working on that, they'll be playing Pokémon on the DS. It's kinda cute to watch them on the couch, under a blanket with the dog all cuddled up and snuggling between them. The little girls (Josie & Kenzie) have been playing Sid the Science Kid on PBSKids.org. If it keeps warming up and the snow sticks around, I think I'll have to suit them all up for a snowball fight or something.

Well, that's all for now; I'm going to try to make this blog a weekly thing, so watch for more to come.

Thanks for reading & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment