Sunday, February 17, 2013

And the wait begins...


This week has been a lot about waiting for me. We filed our taxes, we’re waiting for the refund; I ordered some things for a friend online, waiting to see if they’ll arrive on time; I turned in the financials to one our proposed lenders, well you get the picture…

It can get kinda frustrating to me, waiting to hear back from others. I’m generally a go & get it done sort of person, when it comes to accomplishing things anyways. But it’s good for me, I guess you could say. This gives me a chance to work on at least one virtue.

You know – Patience.

I currently work for a company that’s very large and very much in the corporate setting. So, I was sad to hear from one of my good friends when he told me he was resigning. I go to lunch with him probably three to four times a week and he always has my back, vice versa; it is going to be extremely hard to be there without him. Of course, the shoe would have been on the other foot for him when I leave to get the truck started. He has taught me a great deal about business and managing people in particular. How I am going miss him at work! But it is always tough when someone you truly care about makes a change in their life, especially one that could take you out of it. I’ll have to set him up to eat at the truck J

I was finally able to go to the kids conferences this year, since I learned about the MN law for school time. That made my week. While I felt lost at the conferences themselves – haven’t been in 4 years now – Amy was there too, so I wasn’t a complete duffer. Anyhow, they are doing excellent in school. Katie is in the 96% for her grade in the nation! My Dad said Sean’s grades were better than I brought home (I might contest that, but not to Sean’s face) and Kenzie never gives up until she gets it right. It was really good to hear such wonderful things from their teachers.

I also learned about the Minnesota Food Truck Association this week and am waiting (queue the theme again) to hear back from them to see what I need to do to become a part of this association. It sounds very cool & should do wonders to help food truck businesses in the Twin Cities area.

On to the cooking part of the show… Unfortunately, I found out we were out of both flour and butter, so wasn’t able to make the beignets this week. If you didn’t get a chance to make them yourself or aren’t a baking sort of person, follow @Cajun2GeauxTim on Twitter or check out http://cajun2geaux.com; he makes some mean beignets and killer New Orleans chow!

Because I didn’t want to leave ya high and dry, I will be contributing two of my tried and true recipes this week. The first is Pickled Mustard Seeds; these are great topped on a sandwich, I really enjoy them on meat with a nice char on it, like hot off the bbq. The other is Bacon ‘n Tomato Marmalade. It is fantastic on just about anything; but both are great to eat by themselves too.

That’s puts a wrap on this week, I will catch you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment